[atnog] Fwd: [ncc-announce] [news] De-bogonising 2a10::/12

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Thu Jan 9 23:11:10 CET 2020

Noch ein gutes Neues Jahr und ein erfolgreiches 2020

Gruß
Arnold

Betreff: [ncc-announce] [news] De-bogonising 2a10::/12
Datum: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 12:23:17 +0100
Von: Nikolas Pediaditis <npediaditi at ripe.net>
An: ncc-announce at ripe.net

Dear colleagues,

A few months ago the RIPE NCC became the first RIR to receive an
additional /12 IPv6 allocation (2a10::/12) from IANA.

We will soon begin to delegate space from this IPv6 block to LIRs. Prior
to this, in order to improve routability and minimise the risk of
filtering, the RIPE NCC will perform several de-bogonising activities in
the next few weeks.

We plan to start announcing the full /12, as well as a few /32 or longer
blocks out of 2a10::/12 from AS12654 (RIPE Routing Information System
(RIS)), within the next few days. We will analyse data from RIS and RIPE
Atlas and we plan to write up an analysis around this effort.

We want to remind everybody to update their bogon filters and allow
routes originating from 2a10::/12 in their network.

Kind regards,

Nikolas Pediaditis
Registration Services and Policy Development Manager
RIPE NCC

--
Arnold Nipper
email: arnold at nipper.de