[atnog] RIPE Wahlen

Mike Knell m at blat.at
Wed Apr 29 09:44:16 CEST 2020

> On 28 Apr 2020, at 18:17, Otmar Lendl <lendl at cert.at> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> On 28.04.2020 17:57, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>
>> Und wen soll ich wählen - ich kenn ja keinen einzigen der Kanditaten ...
>>

> Natürlich den Elad Cohen, der hat sich ja quasi mit
> https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/members-discuss/2020-April/003676.html
> beworben.

It was 20+ years ago now, but I still remember various proposals along these lines (reserved bit abuse, essentially) when the IPNG working group was looking for candidate protocol designs for what eventually became IPv6 as we know it. There is truly nothing new under the sun…

Magic solutions to IPv4 exhaustion with absolutely no drawbacks were the perpetual motion machines of the late 90s. One which gained some traction was called NAT, which has since shown itself to have absolutely no drawbacks.. right? :)

Mike