[atnog] WG: B-root begins anycast in May

Bernd Spiess bernd.spiess at ip-it.com
Fri Apr 28 12:14:50 CEST 2017

JFYI: b.root ändert die IP Adressen...

lG Bernd

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces at nanog.org] Im Auftrag von Robert Story
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. April 2017 20:31
An: nanog at nanog.org
Betreff: B-root begins anycast in May

To improve B-Root DNS service, B-Root will be activating anycast on
2017-05-01, providing service from a new site in Miami in addition to our
current site in Los Angeles.  We thank Florida International University
(https://www.fiu.edu) and Ampath.net (https://ampath.net) for hosting our
new hardware there, and USC (https://www.usc.edu) for hardware support for
this second site.

As part of this deployment, we will be renumbering B-Root's IPv6 address to
2001:500:200::b, effective on 2017-06-01.  We also plan renumber our
IPv4 address later in 2017; we will announce that date here.
Renumbering will help support anycast with more resilient routing.  (We will
provide service on our old IPv6 and IPv4 addresses for at least one year
after renumbering.)

Robert
B-Root Operator team

--